Jul 18, 2010

so much color


I spent much of last week going back to the basics, practicing the scales of art making, doing sit-ups and side bends.   I made color charts. 

I haven’t done this in many years.  My color theory teacher in college was the amazing Larry Edwards, and although I’m sure we made these in his class, I was too spastic then to hold on to them.  Who knows what happened to anything I made in that class.  So fast forward to July 2010, to a square unassuming industrial building called Flicker Street Studio, where a group of folks got together to break colors down with Nancy Cheairs.  We met four times and each time after settling in and getting to work, you could barely hear a pin drop for almost three hours.  The silence was surprising and beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment