Jul 27, 2011

a new space to think about new things

 

Before I hung this new push pin friendly area in my studio, all the random imagery I regularly look at was either on crammed here and there or in a stack. Now that there is space to spread it all out, I can see more clearly what's actually on my mind.


Thinking about:

storage containers 
.
Joyce Carol Oates (her face, her bookshelf, her husband)
.
thin vertical lines
.
neutrals with intense color (ongoing fascination)
.
a big hunk of black with bright colors below it
day glo
.
thin horizontal lines
.
perspective (in conjunction with the storage containers)
.
red and off-white tightly woven together

.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Joyce Carol Oates...I was going to do a linocut portrait of her for our bookstore project. -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. these kinds of peeks into artists spaces are the best! Thanks for sharing--looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete